Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award 2020 for Professional Photographers (up to €15,000)
Deadline: July 20, 2020
Applications are open for the Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award 2020 for Professional Photographers. The award aims at supporting and highlighting the work and vision of Greek and international photojournalists.
For the second consecutive year, Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award will be awarded to a full-length photojournalism or documentary work. The winning project will be presented at next year’s APW festival with an individual exhibition of the photographer.
- An award of €15,000 is given to one winner.
Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- Participants must be professional photographers.
- The photographic project to be submitted for evaluation must have been carried out between January 2017 and December 2019.
- The photographic project submitted for evaluation should to be classified as a ‘reportage’ or ‘documentary’.
- Files are to be sent at 72dpi and 3000pixels on the large side, with captions, written in English, in the file info field.
- Participants must also send an accompanying text/story, not exceeding 250 words.
- The photographs must not have been subject to alterations or any kind of digital manipulation other than cropping and basic exposure, contrast and luminance correction.
- The finalists selected for the last round of judging will be required to produce the RAW image files as delivered by the camera.
- The nominated winner will be required to produce the uploaded images with the original file size (unless cropped) in 300 dpi.
- The winner will be required to produce evidence (identity or documents) of professional engagement.
- Participants must guarantee that they are the authors and copyright owners of the submitted photos.
- The participants give to the organisers of Athens Photo World the right to use one of their photographs for the promotion of the competition (website, media and social media) both during the current event and in future ones.
- The photos submitted to the contest remain the intellectual property of their creators. Athens Photo World will take all applicable measures to ensure that the photographs submitted to the contest are not to be used for any purpose other than the purposes of promotion by the organisation itself and its affiliates.
Interested parties are requested to submit a portfolio of twenty four (24) photographs, along with an explanatory text and a brief resume.
For more information, visit Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award.