Youth Time International Summer School 2020 in Reykjavik, Iceland – Call for Participants!
Deadline: May 30, 2020
Youth Time International Movement is accepting applications for the Youth International Summer School 2020, taking place in Reykjavik, Iceland, from August 10-15, 2020. The Summer School will gather together nearly 90 young attendees, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues. It is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and City of Reykjavik.
The program will consist of a full, four-day educational program. Two days will be reserved for theoretical sessions, one day for cultural exchange and one day for study visits to local innovative enterprises. There will also be various informal networking activities.
Young people from around the world, aged 18-35, and who are particularly interested in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, are encouraged to apply.
About the Program
The theme this year is: Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability: Preparing for Transition.
Technology and Innovation has already brought great change to the job marketplace leading to a disruption of the skills that are needed. Not only is this happening now, but it is happening rapidly, and it is continuing to evolve on a near daily basis with the introduction of robotic automation, technical innovations and digitalization set to cost millions of jobs worldwide.
The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for the future possible changes. We will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society and what the future map of skills, education and training for sustainable future global development will be. We will study how to avoid becoming an obsolete figure in an ever-developing world and explore new ways to ensure the role of youth as working professionals remains sustainable.
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend an exciting week in the capital city of Iceland.
Here are things you can expected from the event
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honorable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and immersing experience in the beautiful city of Reykjavik and Icelandic culture.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with like-minded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program which includes trips to see some of Reykjavik’s most iconic attractions and Icelandic outstanding nature.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Please take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
- Join each other in celebration at our welcome reception and farewell party.
- Young people 18-35 from around the world;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking);
- Master’s/PhD students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Workers with youth, young professionals who work in education sphere;
- Show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, startups, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
- Fill out the Participant Application form entirely.
- Submit your up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
- How do you see the possible involvement of the young people of the development Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
For more specific information, please mail to them.
For more information, visit Youth Time.