Apply to attend Google Connect Live 2020 in Bay Area, California (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 30, 2020
Apply now to attend the Google Connect Live 2020. All over the world, Local Guides are on a mission to help people find the places worth discovering and the experiences worth having. To celebrate the stars of Google’s global community, Connect Live is back and will be better than ever.
The fifth flagship global event will be held from October 11 to 14 in the Bay Area. There, Google will host 200 Local Guides Levels 5 and above from around the world. Before you apply, please note that the event will be delivered entirely in English to best serve Google’s global community.
200 attendees will be selected for an all-expenses-paid trip based on their applications, active contributions on Google Maps, and involvement in the Local Guides community (like being active on Connect or hosting meet-ups).
- Join top Local Guides from around the world to share new experiences
- Learn from Googlers and fellow Local Guides about how to make the most of your contributions
- See the Google campus and discover gems in the Bay Area
- You must be an active Local Guide Level 5 or higher;
- All Connect Live attendees must be at least 21 years old by the event start date of October 11, 2020. That is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events. No exceptions can be made.
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
- The submission of a complete application, with working links, including:
- A 1-minute video message responding to ONE of the prompts provided. Prompts are: Show or tell them your favorite place on Google Maps and explain what makes it special or tell them how you discovered the Local Guides program and how it has impacted your life. Here are tips for creating your Connect Live 2020 application video.
- A new post on Connect that answers: What is the most interesting thing you’ve done as a Local Guide, or, what does the Local Guides program mean to you? Post your response using the Local Stories topic. Here’s how to write a great Connect post for Connect Live 2020.
- A new list created on Google Maps about any theme, including a title, description, and at least five places. Here are tips for creating a Google Maps list to apply for Connect Live.
- They will also be looking for:
- High-quality, well-rounded, and consistent contributions on Google Maps over the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as actively contributing on Connect or hosting meet-ups
To apply to attend Connect Live, you must be an active Local Guide Level 5 or higher and submit a complete application which includes a 1-minute video and a post on localguidesconnect.com.
Submit your application by 8:00 p.m. GMT on March 30, 2020 to be considered. If you apply, you will receive an email about the status of your application by May 18. If you’re not sure if you successfully applied and can’t wait for the email, just revisit the official page and if you’re not prompted to apply again, your application has been received.
For more information, visit Connect Live 2020.