Queen’s SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 Research Funding Competition 2020 (Up to $200,000)
Deadline: May 15, 2020
Applications for the Queen’s SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 Research Funding Competition 2020 are now open. The Queen’s SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 research funding competition is an initiative to fund and support research projects that will contribute to urgent efforts to accelerate the development, testing and implementation of medical or social countermeasures to mitigate the rapid spread of the SARS CoV-2 virus and its negative consequences on people and communities in Canada and globally.
To a large extent this opportunity mirrors the recent SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 funding opportunity available through CIHR and will support research across all disciplines: health sciences; natural sciences and engineering; and social sciences and humanities.
- Up to $10,000 to $50,000 per project (total available is $200,000)
All expenses directly related to the research are eligible with the exception of equipment purchases and teaching release allowance.
- The Principal Investigator must be Queen’s tenured, tenure-track, or clinical faculty with protected research time.
- Co-investigators must hold a faculty appointment at Queen’s.
- Other team members may be Queen’s tenured, tenure-track, or clinical faculty with protected research time, adjuncts, research associates, students, post-doctoral fellows, etc.
Two criteria are assessed as pass/fail:
- The proposed project is aligned with the objective of the competition.
- The proposed project is aligned with the selected countermeasure(s).
An additional four criteria are assessed equally (25% weight each):
- Effectiveness of the proposed approach (i.e., extent to which the approach is likely to lead to meeting the objectives of the proposed research).
- Ability of the project team to carry out the proposed research.
- Ability of the project team to marshal sufficient resources, including infrastructure and the funding from this competition, to successfully carry out the proposed research in the required timeframe.
- Potential impact of the proposed project.
- Competition 1
- April 17, 2020 – Full applications due
- April 27, 2020 – Decisions released
- October 31, 2020 – Project Spending Deadline
- Competition 2
- May 15, 2020 – Full applications due
- May 25, 2020 – Decisions released
- December 31, 2020 – Project Spending Deadline
Download the application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Queen’s SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 Research Funding.