International Labour Organisation (ILO) Skills Challenge Innovation Call 2020 (Up to $50,000 grant)
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Applications are open for the International Labour Organisation (ILO) Skills Challenge Innovation Call 2020. The ILO is calling on individuals and organizations to share innovative ideas and solutions to address the skills mismatch challenge.
The ILO Skills Challenge Innovation Call will recognise and support the development of solutions that aim to address the different forms and dimensions of skills mismatch.
These can include proposals to:
- Enhance the effectiveness of vocational education and training programmes through innovative delivery and assessment partnerships;
- Improve the development and recognition of knowledge, skills and attributes of employees through innovative work based learning initiatives;
- Empower enterprises to better utilise the skills of their workers;
- Improve the collection, analysis, management and use of data and information on skill needs and labour market trends;
- Improve the training and employment of under-represented groups including migrant and refugees, people with disabilities, young people and women;
- Improve the provision of active labour market programmes through the integrated provision of vocational and job search assistance, training and work placement for the unemployed; and
- To establish new and innovative multi-stakeholder partnerships to address skills mismatch at the regional, sectoral or local levels.
The winning entry will receive substantial support comprised on the following:
- Financial support: The winner will receive a $50,000 grant to implement the proposed solution;
- Six-month innovation lab: The winner will receive technical support to transform the idea into a prototype ready to be piloted, including through boot camps and remote mentoring via a virtual platform;
- Worldwide visibility: The winner will receive support through awareness raising of the idea and solution, including an invitation to a global event to present the innovation concept to potential partners and sponsors, press articles in media channels, videos, among others;
- Extended network and partnerships: The winner and shortlisted entries will join the ILO’s Global Network of Skills Innovators. They will have the opportunity to exchange with other innovators and share their solutions with ILO’s stakeholders.
- Moreover, the best 10 ideas will be invited to join the ILO Skills Innovators Network.
- Any individual or any formally constituted and registered organisation/company in existence for at least two calendar years prior to the deadline can apply.
- By organizations they mean cooperatives, education and training institutions (including schools, public and private training providers and universities), government agencies, NGOs and civil society organizations, public and private enterprises, regional and sectoral bodies and research organisations.
- They are open to all ideas and solutions at any stage of development. They can be at an early-stage or more mature innovation. They can be a one person’s idea or involve a collaborative joint effort from different actors, such as governments, employers’ and workers’ organizations.
To submit your idea or solution, applicants should:
- Develop the proposal and secure support from partners;
- Complete the application form;
- Send the completed form and supporting documents to email@example.com by April 30, 2020 (midnight, Geneva time).
Applications and supporting documents can be submitted in English, French and Spanish. There is no fee to participate in the Call. Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their application has been received. Incomplete or late responses will not be considered.
For more information, visit ILO Skills Challenge Innovation Call.