Gabr Fellowship 2020 for Young Emerging Leaders (Funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Gabr Fellowship 2020 for Young Emerging Leaders. The East-West: The Art of Dialogue initiative organises an annual exchange program, the Gabr Fellowship, for young emerging leaders from the East and the West to join forces to develop and implement projects addressing critical issues in their countries.
The East-West: The Art of Dialogue initiative is a dynamic exchange program designed to facilitate constructive relationships between future leaders from the Arab world and the West. The initiative was launched by the Shafik Gabr Foundation and is inspired by Orientalist traveler painters.
- All lodging, travel, and meals are covered by the Foundation. However, American Fellows are responsible for their transportation to and from the US airport and Egyptian Fellows are responsible for their travel to and from Cairo.
- Applications are accepted from individuals in the United States, Egypt, the UK, Jordan, Lebanon, and France.
- All applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years of age.
- Egyptian applicants cannot have visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to Egypt. If you are an applicant from France, the UK, Jordan, or Lebanon you should not have visited the US or Egypt.
- Those selected are known as Gabr Fellows and are selected by an expert panel through a rigorous application process.
- The Shafik Gabr Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, political party, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or financial ability.
- All applicants must have English language proficiency.
The Egypt portion of the Fellowship program will take place from August 28 through September 6, 2020. The United States portion of the Fellowship program will take place from September 19 through September 30, 2020.
For more information, visit Gabr Fellowship.