UNAOC/IOM Call for Video Submissions for the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2020 (Win a trip to Morocco)
Deadline: June 19, 2020
Submit a video and get a chance to participate in the 9th Global Forum of UNAOC in Morocco. Every year, PLURAL+ invites young people up to 25 years of age to submit original and creative short films conveying constructive messages related to the themes of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that invites the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the themes of migration, diversity and social inclusion. By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
- Entitled “The Future We Want,” the first new award category invites young filmmakers to submit videos focused on the future of migration, diversity and social inclusion, as well as the prevention of xenophobia. The award category was created in the context of the 75th anniversary of the UN and the organization’s efforts to foster a global conversation on the theme of cooperation in building a common future.
- The second new category, the #forSafeWorship Award, invites youth to express views and perspectives on how to foster peaceful co-existence among different faiths. This category was created in the context of the UN Plan of Action to Safeguard Religious Sites, developed by UNAOC and launched in September 2019.
IOM and UNAOC will jointly select three videos to receive:
- The Special Award for the Prevention of Xenophobia
- The Future We Want Award
- And the #forSafeWorship Award.
PLURAL+ winners will be invited, with all expenses paid, to participate in the PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony later in the year. There also will be a series of side events providing opportunities for professional development.
- Open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- PLURAL+ video entries must be between one and five minutes and can be of any genre — animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be at most 25 years old at the time of the production of their videos. PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
- Multiple young people can work together on one video, as long as each of them is at most 25 years old at the time of the production of the video. When submitting a video as a group, the video will fall into the age category of the entrant.
For more information, visit PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival.