Yousef Jameel Doctoral Scholarship 2020 at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Deadline: July 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Yousef Jameel Doctoral Scholarship 2020 at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund, Humboldt Universität annually awards two scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields of Informatics/Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching. The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October, 1.
- The stipend awarded is 1,340 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
- Applicants must hold an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt Universität faculty. The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged. Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
Application materials include:
- A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
- A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
- An exposé including a detailed work plan for the three year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
- Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations if necessary;
- An evaluation from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor of the Humboldt-Universität.
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Research Service Centre
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6
For more information, visit Yousef Jameel Doctoral Scholarship.