Mary R. Emerson Career Development Fellowship in Engineering Science 2020/2021 at St Hugh’s College, University of Oxford
Deadline: May 20, 2020
Applications are invited for the Mary R. Emerson Career Development Fellowship in Engineering Science at St Hugh’s College, University of Oxford, tenable from October 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
This is a fixed-term three-year position, and will suit an individual who has recently completed a PhD/DPhil, and who wishes to develop their academic career by furthering their research while gaining experience of teaching.
Under the direction of the Fellows in Engineering, the postholder will contribute (to an average of three hours per week during term) to the teaching of undergraduates, at St Hugh’s or other colleges, and will also be expected to use the period of the Fellowship to begin building an international research profile.
The research activities of the Fellow will be supported by the University’s Department of Engineering Science, where they will have laboratory space. Career Development Fellows have teaching spaces at St Hugh’s, and are encouraged to take a full part in the intellectual life of the College.
- The stipend will be based on the University’s scale for Fixed-Term Fellows (Grade 6), starting at around £30,942 per annum; there will be an initial probationary period of one year.
- A Career Development Fellow of St Hugh’s College is entitled to free meals at common table, and some support is available for research-related costs.
- Open to an individual who has recently completed a PhD/DPhil, and who wishes to develop their academic career by furthering their research while gaining experience of teaching.
Applications should be in the form of a single PDF comprising:
- A covering letter
- A full curriculum vitae, including a full list of publications
- An account of teaching experience (not more than one page)
- A proposal for a postdoctoral research project (not more than one page)
- A proposal for outreach activities (not more than one page)
- The details of two referees. Candidates should ask their referees to submit references directly to the Academic Administrator via [email protected] by the same deadline.
Applications and references should be sent by email to the Academic Administrator, Miss Adams via [email protected].
For more information, visit Mary R. Emerson Career Development Fellowship.