Deloitte One Young World Scholarship to attend OYW Summit 2020 (Fully-funded to Munich, Germany)
Deadline: May 22, 2020
Applications are open for the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2020. This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, Deloitte is proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2020 which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany on October 14 – 17, 2020.
Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development yet there are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10-24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce. The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
As countries around the world are dealing with some of the most unprecedented challenges of our time, including a global health pandemic and climate change, continued access to new ways of learning, and developing future-proof skills, will be critical to ensure the world is prepared to address the complex issues of today, and in the future.
At Deloitte, they are collaborating with stakeholders across business, government and civil society to prepare 50 million lives for a world of opportunity by 2030. They are applying their core skills, experience, and global reach to make an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunity, in line with SDG 4 – Quality Education and SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy.”
The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
Application would require to provide a short description of themselves, including their current role, achievements and aspirations.
For more information, visit One Young World.