6th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting (AFMAM) 2020 in Hanoi, Viet Nam (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 8, 2020
The ASEAN Foundation is pleased to organise the 6th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting (AFMAM) 2020 in Hanoi, Viet Nam. This year, the model ASEAN Meeting targets tertiary education students across the ASEAN region to understand diplomacy and how decision-makers of ASEAN Member States address regional issues at the various ASEAN meetings.
This year’s AFMAM will involve the simulation of the ASEAN+1 engagement which address the thematic focus of “The Role of ASEAN Youths in Promoting Networking and Cooperation to Build a Clean and Green ASEAN Community through Sustainable Use of Natural Resources and Protection of the Environment” in accordance with the 2020 Viet Nam Chairmanship. Be prepared to engage in simulations with your ASEAN delegates!
- Free registration/application
- Round trip air travel from the capital city of the country of origin to the venue in Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Accommodation and meals
- An exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience with organisers and your peers from other ASEAN Member States
- Enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma or undergraduate studies (or equivalent level) from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place;
- Between 18 and 25 years of age when the programme takes place;
- English proficient, verbal and written.
- Faculty/academic member (lecturer or teaching assistant) of a department or faculty of a tertiary education institution in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place;
- 25 years old or older on September 3, 2020;
- English proficient, verbal and written;
- Role of Team Advisor;
- Focal point of the Team;
- Lead and guide the Team;
- Advise and coach the Team related to content (possessing general knowledge on issues related to the AFMAM thematic focus);
- Allocate time to participate in two to three online preparatory coaching sessions;
- Provide constructive inputs for the improvement of AFMAM.
For your own convenience, it is advised that you have all the following information and documents of all Team Members and Team Advisor ready at hand before starting data entry:
- Personal data
- Full face photo in soft copy (please ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG format and does not exceed 500 KB)
- Letter of recommendation from respective department/faculty/university/education institution for each person (please ensure that your file is in PDF format and does not exceed 500 KB). This is written in free format on letterhead paper signed by authorised official of your institution verifying the following:
- For Team Members: name, department, faculty, and the current semester you are at
- For Team Advisor: name and current status at the institution
- List of five most noteworthy personal achievements of each applicant (please share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- A Team’s essay on “The Role of ASEAN Youths in Promoting Networking and Cooperation to Build a Clean and Green ASEAN Community through Sustainable Use of Natural Resources and Protection of the Environment” in accordance with the 2020 Viet Nam Chairmanship in not more than 500 words.
In addition to the above requirements, please submit a 1.5-minute creative video that introduces each personnel (both Team Advisor and Team Members) along with their respective achievements. Post it on YouTube account of one of the team’s personnel and share the video link in the designated space in the application form.
USEFUL TIP: If your video link is too long, please use Bitly, a URL shortening service and link management platform conveniently available online, to shorten it. Please do not infringe other parties’ copyrights relating to your video!
Submit your Team’s application by May 8, 2020 by 23.59, Jakarta time. Don’t let go of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of becoming a cadre of future ASEAN young leaders!
For more information, visit AFMAM.