Call for proposals: UNESCO Awareness-raising Campaign on Migration and COVID-19 in West and Central Africa
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Call for proposals is ongoing for the UNESCO Awareness-raising Campaign on Migration and COVID-19 in West and Central Africa. UNESCO is implementing a project entitle “Empowering Young People in Africa through Media and Communication”, which benefits to eight countries in West and Central Africa: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal.
Within the framework of this activity, UNESCO Dakar seeks to engage an organization to contribute to the fight against discrimination against migrants through the translation and production in HD audio formats of ten (10) messages, in national and local languages, to be disseminated among national and local media.
Mission and Specific Objectives
The activity aims at:
- Translating into 28 national/local languages ten (10) messages produced by UNESCO Dakar for dissemination among national and local media (radio, TV, print and online media, community radio);
- Producing in 30 national and local languages (including English and French), different HD audio formats (wav) and compressed versions of the ten (10) messages;
- Mobilizing the media in the targeted countries for the dissemination of the messages.
Within the framework, the organisation will:
- Submit to UNESCO Dakar a list of media outlets identified in the target countries for the dissemination of the messages (TV, radio, online and print media, community radio).
- Submit the messages translated into 28 national and local languages to UNESCO Dakar;
- Submit to UNESCO Dakar the messages in various HD (wav) and compressed audio formats in 30 national and local languages (including English and French);
- Disseminate to the selected media outlets the messages in appropriate languages.
- At least five (05) years of experience in the management of project development in the field of communication and information;
- Demonstrated experience in working with national and local media (TV, radio, print and online media, community radio) in West and Central Africa, particularly in the target countries;
- A good knowledge of the challenges and issues of migration in West and Central Africa, and of the media perspective;
- Demonstrated capacity in planning, management and reporting of activities;
- Previous experience with United Nations agencies would be an important asset;
- Excellent writing skills in English and/or French, and very good knowledge of the selected languages of this activity.
- Implementation strategy (40%)
- Experience and qualifications (40%)
- Budget (20%)
To participate in this call for proposals, the applicant must submit:
- A detailed implementation strategy;
- A detailed budget proposal;
- Documents proving the experience and qualifications required;
- CVs of the persons to be involved in the project;
- Examples of technical and financial reports in previous projects.
All applicants must submit their application to: [email protected] The reference number for this call for proposals is: CI-2020-RFP-025
For more information, visit UNESCO.