World Literacy Foundation Ambassador Program 2020 for Young Leaders worldwide
Deadline: June 14, 2020
Applications for the World Literacy Foundation Ambassador Program 2020 are now open. The WLF Ambassador Program aims to bring together individuals from all over the world to be a local voice and fundraise for literacy in their schools, universities, communities or social groups.
Throughout the 4-month program, Ambassadors will be trained to develop their leadership and advocacy skills. Participants will also learn about literacy as a human right and support the WLF’s literacy project in Colombia.
Every year, the World Literacy Foundation recruit and train leaders from all over the world to:
- Develop their leadership and advocacy skills. You will need to get others involved in their cause and plan events to draw attention, awareness and understanding to the issue.
- Be a local voice for literacy and education in their community. You will speak at their school, university, media or community group as a representative of literacy and the WLF.
- Support the education of vulnerable children. This year, all funds raised by ambassadors will go towards WLF’s literacy program in Colombia; Aprende Leyendo.
- Take on a role within a global organization
- Make a positive impact on the education of disadvantaged children
- Gain leadership, communication, fundraising, and PR skills
- Join a network of individuals that are motivated to eradicate illiteracy
- Have your voice heard through WLF website, social media and mainstream media
- Are passionate about literacy and education
- Want to make a difference in the world
- Aim to be leaders in their community
Applicants would explain why they want to become WLF Ambassadors. They would also submit a color photo, taken recently, should be a high-resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated and in landscape orientation.
For more information, visit WLF Ambassador Program.