Call for Volunteers: Eco-Solidarity – ESC Project in Krakow for EU and non-EU citizens
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Call for volunteers for the Eco-Solidarity – ESC Project in Krakow for EU and non-EU citizens is now open. The 14 Volunteers will participate in the project.
By implementing they intend to achieve the following goals:
- Allowing volunteers from different countries to participate in the 10-month ESC project and creating the conditions for their personal development and acquisition of competences that will allow them to become better citizens understanding the common values;
- Support for educational institutions in their daily work and internationalization of it. Volunteers will support the following institutions: special school, primary school and autism center;
- Building an eco-friendly attitude, zero waste idea, rational and ethical purchasing decisions, not wasting resources among volunteers, students, teachers and the entire community of host institutions;
- Teaching participants to manage information (selection, evaluation, verification, use) Volunteers, in addition to their daily work in the facilities, will have the opportunity to conduct their own workshops and mini-projects.
Volunteers will take part in training cirlce organized by polish National Agency: on-arrival training and mid-term. Hosting organization will organize short introduction to the daily duties. Coordinating organization will provide trainings on formal aspects of the project, about setting goals and developing soft skills and competences, about Youthpass as well as additional trainings needed for the experience being fulfilling.
- Accommodation: Volunteer will be accommodated in rented flat (usually double rooms) with access to kitchen and bathroom. Flats are furnished and equipped with pillows, duvet covers, pillow cases and washing machine.
- Food: Volunteers will get money for food every month from coordinating institution (together with pocket money it’s 800 PLN).
- Travel budget: for a round trip for one volunteer depends on the distance “in straight line” according to distance calculator: between 500 -1999 KM: it is 275 EUR, between 2000-2999 KM: 360 EUR.
- Open to citizens of Armenia, Germany, Egypt, Greece, Spain, Georgia, France, Italy, Russian Federation, Turkey, Tunisia;
- Experience in work with youth will be an additional asset, however it is not compulsory;
- Good communicational skills are also an additional asset because the project is based on communication with other people. All creative skills – artistic or motor skills – can enrich the project. The same relates to computer skills;
- Volunteers should be open-minded and creative.
The activities will be for a total of 43 week(s) during the period from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
For more information, visit Eco-Solidarity – ESC Project.