Venture for Africa’s Covid-19 Remote Fellowship Program 2020 for Talented Individuals
Applications for Venture for Africa’s C19 Remote Fellowship Program are open. This remote fellowship enables talented individuals from anywhere in the world to dive into work with high-growth startups in Kenya who are busier than ever amid the COVID-19 crisis.
Venture for Africa is a 3-month full time remote fellowship program designed to immerse top global talent in the African startup landscape. They partner with Africa’s fastest-growing startups to co-design an experience that enables fellows to quickly gain relevant skills and in-market knowledge, complete real project work and get fast-tracked to apply for a full-time role in their field.
As the real impact of COVID-19 and the global financial crisis becomes more apparent, startups in Africa need skilled and agile talent more than ever. Simultaneously, talented candidates around the world have suddenly found themselves looking for a place to apply their skills, passion and energy – now. The VFA C19 Remote Fellowship is designed to bring them together.
Find your dream role Access opportunities at Africa’s leading tech startups, work on real projects and immerse yourself in the ecosystem.
How It Works
- Get Matched: Fellows are matched with specific roles relevant to their skillsets. Fellowship programs are co-created with VFA startup partners.
- Get Immersed: Fellows spend 3 months in their roles, during which they are immersed in local context, receive training from expert mentors and get to understand market nuances.
- Get Working: Fellows work on real project deliverables for their assigned. startups. Final projects are presented to the startup team, and fellows receive feedback.
- Get Hired: While full time roles are not guaranteed, fellows are fast-tracked through ordinary application processes for full-time roles at startup partners.
Whether you’re looking for your next challenge or planning a major career move, becoming a Venture for Africa Fellow gives you a unique opportunity to gain startup experience and local industry knowledge while contributing to meaningful impact at a leading African startup.
- Placement: Get placed (remotely) on your project It’s your chance to receive in-depth training specific to your field, the market you’re working in and the industry in which your assigned startup operates.
- Mentorship Sessions: Attend workshops Attend workshops led by experienced mentors from around the world throughout your journey in the program
- Stipends: Receive a stipend Receive a stipend for your work for the duration of the program.
- Apply full-time: Apply for a full-time role Following the program, VFA fellows may apply for open full time roles at participating startups, and will be fast-tracked through ordinary application processes.
- Open to talented individuals from anywhere in the world
Put your skills to work. Apply now for Venture for Africa’s C19 Remote Fellowship, and take the first step toward a career at one of Africa’s leading startups.
For more information, visit Venture for Africa.