Millennium Oceans Prize 2020 on SDG 14 for Young Leaders (Up to $5,000)
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Are you an undergraduate student who is passionate about the health of our oceans and life under water? If yes, then apply for the Millennium Oceans Prize 2020!
The Millennium Oceans Prize is returning for its sixth year to support and celebrate students who are passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
The Millennium Oceans Prize targets Sustainable Development Goal 14 by celebrating youth activists who are focused on enriching their communities through advancing marine and freshwater conservation and sustainable use of marine resources. Prize winners will receive mentorship and a $5,000 prize for implementation of a concrete campaign idea to spark change and garner support in advocacy, policy, and leadership for oceans and freshwater systems.
- Up to $5,000 to implement your winning campaign
- Direct mentorship from MCN
- Recognition on the upcoming virtual town hall meeting for the Millennium Fellowship
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
- Open to undergraduates who are passionate about the health of the oceans and life under water;
- Young leaders who have demonstrated the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year.
- Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire.
Note that only undergraduate students are eligible to apply. Deadline to submit is June 15. Finalists will be invited for a short interview early July. All applicants will hear back by August 1.
For more information, visit Millennium Oceans Prize.