UNIATF Awards for the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
The call for nominations is open for the United Nations Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases (UNIATF) 2020 Award. The UNIATF Awards for the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases aims to recognize achievements during 2019 on multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health and the wider NCD-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Awards will be made in four categories:
- Ministries of health and government health agencies
- Ministries and government agencies outside health
- UN country teams
- Non-governmental organizations, academia and foundations.
- Awards for individuals will not be accepted.
Anyone can submit a nomination. Nominations cannot come from an individual working in the institution that is being nominated. An agency cannot nominate itself.
They are looking for:
- Those being nominated should demonstrate an outstanding contribution to multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health or other NCD-related SDGs at a local, national, regional or international level.
- The application should describe how the institution, agency or organization being nominated has demonstrated the ability to:
- Create new and innovative approaches and activities;
- Lead the agenda and work with partners;
- Mobilize resources, knowledge and expertise;
- Meet challenges and overcome significant obstacles;
- Act as an exemplar to others.
Nominations should be written in English. Should you experience any issues accessing the nomination form please send an email to [email protected].
- The name and address of the institution, agency or organization being nominated;
- The name and email address of a focal point in the institution, agency or organization that is being nominated;
- The name and email address of the nominator along with the organization the nominator is working for as well as the relationship to the institution, agency or organization that is being nominated;
- Reasons for the nomination. It is important that outcomes are fully described. Links to relevant publication on the internet are encouraged to enhance information available to the selection committee (maximum 4500 characters);
- For non-governmental organizations, academia and foundations. (The nominator must complete the WHO standard form for declaration of interests. The organization being nominated must complete the arms and tobacco disclosure statement. Both forms must be submitted to [email protected]).
For more information, visit UNIATF Awards.