Deadline: June 15, 2020
Are you ready to take on the challenge for a more gender inclusive world? Apply for the Women’s World Banking Making Finance Work for Women FinTech Innovation Challenge 2020.
One billion women around the world do not have access to financial services, and there is a 9% gender gap in financial access across emerging markets. Furthermore, women are particularly vulnerable to global health and economic shocks, increasing the need to support their resilience and recovery in these challenge times.
Women’s World Banking wants to identify FinTech innovations providing unbanked and underserved women with access financial services in order to build their security and prosperity in the face of these global economic uncertainties.
FinTechs must submit solutions in either of one of two categories:
- Build Security and Resiliency: How might we enable unbanked and underserved women to build resilience through convenient, secure, and reliable access to safety nets (i.e. funds for emergencies) to help mitigate against global shocks?
- Build Economic Prosperity: How might we enable unbanked and underserved women to expand their income-generating activities to build their business and household income and support economic recovery after global shocks?
- Invitation to present at Women’s World Banking’s virtual Making Finance Work for Women Summit in October 2020, which convenes leaders from the financial services, investor, philanthropy, policy and technology communities.
- Connection to potential investors (including WWB Asset Management).
- One year complimentary membership into Women’s World Banking’s Global Network.
Two Grand Prize Winners will
- Compete as a finalist in the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) Global FinTech Hackcelerator (powered by KPMG Digital Village) during the Singapore FinTech Festival in November 2020, and be fast-tracked to receive a MAS Proof-of-Concept Grant up to $S200,000. The top three winners of the MAS Global FinTech Hackcelerator will also get an additional S$50,000 Cash Prize.
- Receive tuition coverage for a pair of leaders (senior executive (male or female) and high potential woman leader) to participate in the next Leadership and Diversity for Innovation Program.
- Open to startup FinTechs based anywhere that are leveraging technology to provide financial services for unbanked and underserved women in emerging markets. Solutions do not need to be exclusively for unbanked and underserved women but must show deliberate intent to be inclusive of reaching the segment.
- Applicants can be pre-revenue but must demonstrate a viable value proposition to reach unbanked and underserved women.
- Solutions should focus on building women’s security or prosperity, particularly in supporting resilience and recovery from global economic shocks.
- FinTechs should also demonstrate a commitment to developing women leaders through the presence of women in their senior management team and Board of Directors.
Are you tackling the challenge? They want to hear from you!
For more information, visit FinTech Innovation Challenge.