Sharjah Advanced Industry Accelerator 2020 for Entrepreneurs and Startups worldwide ($100,000 prize)
Deadline: June 25, 2020
Applications for the Sharjah Advanced Industry Accelerator 2020 are now open. The Sharjah Advanced Industry Accelerator is a 100% digital initiative for entrepreneurs and start-ups worldwide interested to tap into the UAE & MENA Region, that offers them to bring to the market their innovative projects, through a company incubation, mentoring and market access via the SRTI Park Ecosystem.
The SRTI Park aims to provide an environment that foster creativity and innovation by creating an attractive and sustainable park with world-class infrastructure and services, supporting, promoting and developing the innovation system and to enhance the Emirate’s status as a global destination in the fields of innovation.
Focus areas of the accelerator:
- Smart Construction Management: Solutions equipped with Big Data/AI technology that stores a vast amount of business & construction data to help automate operational & construction processes.
- Smart Materials: Materials designed to have controllable and adjustable properties depending on external stimuli such as stress, moisture, electric or magnetic fields, light, temperature, pH, or chemical compounds.
- Sustainable Design: Solutions that allow sustainable architectural designs seeking to optimize natural resources and processes in buildings (selection of materials, proper use of space, ideal selection of the places…) to reduce the environmental damage.
- Green Building: Green building (also known as green construction or sustainable building) refers to both an approach and the application of processes towards a building’s life-cycle environmentally responsible and resource-efficient.
- Building Information Modelling: Tools involving the generation and management of digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of places to save time and detect potential issues before they cause a problem.
- Additive Manufacturing: Reducing costs and time and increasing flexibility through solutions based on 3D printing technologies to create highly detailed models and print life-size objects or parts of them that are difficult to produce.
- Connected Infrastructures & Ecosystems: Solutions based on technologies to catch signals of an upcoming threat of an infrastructure. We are also looking for cross-sector solutions to improve connection and cooperation along the construction value chain.
- Modularization / Prefabrication: Solutions based on modular building to increase productivity, simplify logistics, minimize risks, help to decrease material waste and create less impact to the surrounding environment.
A personalized service will be provided that maximizes the positive impact on entrepreneurs and start-ups, designing ad-hoc itineraries for each type of participant.
- The finalists will have investment access in order to scale their project, as well as a grand prize of $100,000 (in the form of equity free grant cash, business incubation, and marketing).
- Workspace and incubation in the SRTI Park.
- Mentoring about innovation methodologies, business strategy and investment.
- Specialized advisory through the specific experts’ knowledge in the 4.0 Industry topic.
- Alumni Program for graduates.
- Active networking thanks to the network of entrepreneurs, companies, experts and existing entities in the ecosystem of SRTIP.
- Participation in events developed by the SRTIP.
- Sandbox: Possibility of testing solutions in real environment.
- Active participation in the final Demoday.
- Visibility in media and communication channels of SRTIP and sponsoring corporates.
- Possibility to promotion and access to national and international events through the presence of SRTIP in them.
- Access to private and public projects for long term sustainability.
Open to Entrepreneurs and Start-ups that:
- Are interested to set up and expand in UAE/MENA Region.
- Have an MVP or solution tested in the market.
- Have track record of generating revenue.
- Are innovative in nature and provide value-added solutions to the 4.0 Industry.
- Have potential to scale and a vision to grow internationally.
Entrepreneurs and start-ups participating in the accelerator in any of the above focus areas must offer solutions based on or leveraged by the following technologies:
- Big Data
- Additive Manufacturing
- 3D Printing
- Internet of Things
- Augmented Reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Demand-driven Supply Chain
- Digital twin
Join the most exciting virtual venture scaling program in the Middle East and unleash your startup to tap into the advanced industry opportunities across region.
For more information, visit Sharjah Advanced Industry Accelerator.