Innovation Village/Nation Media Group Future of Media Challenge 2020 for Innovators in Uganda
Deadline: June 17, 2020
Applications are open for the Innovation Village/Nation Media Group Future of Media Challenge 2020. The Innovation Village in partnership with Nation Media Group is launching the Future of Media Program that is seeking for innovators with a passion for developing sustainable digital solutions that will transform the media industry in Uganda in one or more of the following ways:
- How might they strengthen their customer and user understanding across their platforms?
- How might Media houses leverage digital content and platforms to increase revenue streams?
- How might they shift from traditional business models [that is making money at the moment although declining] to reflect new trends in media business, brands etc.?
The Future of Media challenge is seeking to explore pathways to optimize digital platforms of existing media houses or explore new media pathways of generating revenue.
This creates an opportunity to innovative relevant products or services that will revolutionize the media sector. The Innovation Village in partnership with Nation Media Group is running the Future of Media Challenge to develop and showcase innovative solutions that can be scaled to address these challenges.
- Partnership: Ideas/Solutions accepted for the challenge will stand a chance to Pilot solution with Nation Media Group.
- Mentors and Networks: Undergo Support with leading media specialists, business mentors and connections to strategic partners.
- One-on-one training: Teams will receive one-on-one business training from experienced industry leads.
- Continued Support: Ecosystem connections through organiser’s network and peer advisory.
- Open to startups and innovators with a passion for developing sustainable digital solutions that will transform the media industry in Uganda;
- Participating team should share a visual representation or mock up designs of their proposed solution;
- The team should consist of members with various skill sets, demonstrate added value and cohesiveness;
- The startup should have a good idea of the business model envisaged for the solution – with a good idea of the key resources needed to grow the solution.
- Relevance and impact
- How well does the solution respond to the need and defined challenge
- Solution shows a good understanding of market and customer it is targeting
- Potential impact of the solution on the media sector at scale
- Feasibility: The proposed solution should be practical and easily implementable.
For more information, visit Future of Media Challenge.