JAMLAB Journalism and Media Innovation Reporting Grants 2020 (up to ZAR 20,000)
Applications are open for the JAMLAB Journalism and Media Innovation Reporting Grants 2020. Journalists are invited to submit proposals for in-depth reporting on subjects surrounding journalism and media innovations and innovators in Africa.
This grant will aid journalists during their discovery, development and creation of written work on ideas where others are seen to be innovators. In order to apply for this particular grant, journalists are encouraged to submit proposals that focus on enabling innovators, journalists and media professionals to find information they need to help them innovate.
JAMLAB Africa is a project by the Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. They support innovation that grows and transforms journalism and media in Africa whilst developing media that meets the needs of more audiences through innovation, entrepreneurship and research. Their vision is to see ‘new ideas, new information, new conversations reaching new audiences in Africa’.
- Grants of up to ZAR 20,000 will be available.
- Open to journalists in Africa;
- Proposals should focus on enabling innovators, journalists and media professionals to find information they need to help them innovate.
The following are potential focus areas to guide applicants:
- Case studies based on real world examples that inspire, warn or make you think differently about innovations or innovators within journalism and media in Africa.
- Profiles of innovators within the journalism and media arena in Africa.
- Research report on media sustainability, business models, newsroom metrics and analytics.
Applicants should prepare the following documents:
- Applicant CV including list of previous reporting.
- A brief proposal for article/s to be written, and include a proposed headline.
Address an email with the heading APPLICATION: JAMLAB INNOVATION REPORTING GRANT and containing the above items (attachments in MS Word or PDF formats) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit JAMLAB.