UNWTO Inspiration Africa Branding Challenge 2020
Deadline: September 7, 2020
Applications are open for the UNWTO Inspiration Africa Branding Challenge 2020. UNWTO Inspiring Africa – Branding Challenge invites key actors from the marketing and branding sector to present their proposals for a campaign that positions Africa as a destination in the minds of travellers.
Beyond COVID-19, the campaign aims to create a positive image of Africa as a tourism destination that support the efforts of individual countries and companies, tells the many positive stories about Africa and makes tourism a driver of development.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Association with UNWTO Agenda for Africa
- Invitation to launch the campaign with the UNWTO Secretary-General
- Speaking opportunity at the UNWTO General Assembly in 2021
- Contribute to support African development through tourism
- Visibility among UNWTO African Member States (Ministries of Tourism) and the global tourism sector at large
- Form part of the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Potential matchmaking with partners to develop further the proposal, including investors, corporations and governments
- Open to all those who want to make a difference for Africa through using their imagination!
- Marketing, communication, advertising and branding firms or group of companies, start-ups and innovators, marketers, designers, brand experts and digital experts can apply.
Guidelines for Proposals include:
- Positioning Africa prominently in the international tourism market.
- Tell the rich and diverse positive stories about Africa.
- Engaging African residents’ to share positive values.
- Generating positive impact on communities through tourism.
- Beyond COVID: outputs are expected to create a solid brand perception which will help support recovery and provide a lasting positive brand image.
Proposals should meet the following criteria:
- Innovative and inspiring in nature
- With a focus on Africa but eventually adaptable regionally and to individual countries
- Relevant in the current COVID-19 recovery context and in the medium term
- Integrate innovative technologies and digital tools (mobile technologies, virtual reality, IOT, Big Data etc.)
- Open to potential public-private partnerships
- Stress sustainability and community engagement
- Support the economic growth of Africa and strategies to attract investment.
- Showcase and celebrate Africa’s rich cultural and biodiversity
- Showcase and celebrate Africa’s innovations and achievements
Applicants are encouraged to download the application terms and conditions before applying.
For more information, visit UNWTO Inspiration Africa Branding Challenge.