Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity 2020-2021 (up to $13,000 in prizes)
Deadline: October 31, 2020
Entries are now open for the Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity 2020-2021. The Department of Culture in the Government of Sharjah is pleased to announce the twenty-fourth session Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity.
Pursuant to the directives of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, and in line with his efforts to support talented writers and writers, in the UAE and throughout the broader Arab world, the Department of Culture in the Government of Sharjah is pleased to announce the twenty-fourth session Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity – First Edition, which pertains to manuscripts prepared for the first edition of the author or writer, and has not previously been published in a book, in the following fields:
- Eloquent poetry (no less than 15 poems).
- The short story (a story set of no less than 12 stories).
- The novel theatrical text.
- Children’s literature, and this course is devoted to (the story directed to the child – from 6 to 8 years), and the specialization is changed every year .
- Criticism, this year is devoted to the study (transformations of the poetic text), and the specialization is changed every year.
- First Prize Winner: $6,000
- Second Prize Winner: $4,000
- Third Prize Winner: $3,000
Participation in the competition is open to both sexes, from the United Arab Emirates, and from other Arab countries, and Arabists writers, according to the following conditions:
- The participant must not be less than 18 years old and no more than 40 years old;
- The posts should be in Standard Arabic;
- It is stipulated in the submitted article that he/she has not won a similar competition, or was submitted to obtain a university degree, and that he/she has not previously been published in newspapers and periodicals, or on websites, and that he/she is not submitted at the same time to another competition;
- The submitted material should be the first work of the author in this field;
- No contestant may participate in more than one axis of the competition;
- The material presented should take into consideration religious and moral values;
- The Chamber is not obligated to repeat the texts, whether they win or not;
- In case of breaching the conditions and controls of the award, the award will be withdrawn immediately, and necessary legal measures taken.
The following are necessary attachments:
- Resume (in Arabic), and the full postal address, along with phone numbers and e-mail.
- Fill out the form acknowledging that there is no other version in the same domain as it is submitted, and do not publish the manuscript or win another prize, and that the winning participation will be published according to the criteria of the Sharjah Culture Department.
- Fill out the prize entry form.
- The participant must send a copy of his passport (the date of the passport’s issuance and expiry date is shown) + a copy of the birth certificate or any other official document stating the date of birth, and any participation whose owner does not commit to that will be accepted.
- Four personal photos.
- CD contains the material participating in the Windows Word system, in addition to three original copies printed on A4 papers, taking into account not to write the participant’s name or refer to it on the printed and sent work (they will be satisfied with the full information via CV and official papers).
For more information, visit Sharjah Prize.