Pro Helvetia Cairo Parallel Sphere Program 2020 for Arab Artists and Cultural Practitioners (up to CHF 5,000)
Deadline: July 12, 2020
Applications are open for the Pro Helvetia Cairo Parallel Sphere Program 2020. Parallel Sphere is an open call for new and innovative art projects by Arab artists, cultural practitioners, groups and organizations that explore new mediums and innovative formats of artistic creation, research, development, presentation and collaboration.
Pro Helvetia Cairo has been supporting artistic and cultural exchange between Switzerland and the Arab Region for more than 30 years. Its commitment to supporting the Arab art scene remains integral to its work, especially at a time of major challenges and new potential. Through this call they encourage new ideas, processes, platforms and formats which enable further exchanges, sustain dialogue and collaboration in a world beset with mobility restrictions.
- Parallel Sphere offers financial support up to CHF 5,000 in addition to alternative formats of support.
- Pro Helvetia Cairo connects the beneficiaries with a network of professionals and organizations in the Arab region and Switzerland who provide professional and artistic advice and feedback where needed.
- Open to applicants currently residents of or located in an Arabic speaking country.
- Applicants could be individuals, non-registered or registered collectives, groups or organizations.
- Projects should fall within the disciplines which Pro Helvetia supports visual art, performing arts, music, literature, design, interactive media and interdisciplinary projects. They do not support film-making projects.
- Innovative projects with a focus on new forms of exchanges and artistic collaborations are particularly welcomed.
- The proposal does not need to be tied to a direct outcome or product but should have a clear outline which can be continued and developed beyond the COVID-19 crisis.
- The proposal needs to outline in which ways the project can be developed in order to encourage exchange and collaboration between the Swiss and Arab artists and artistic scenes in the future.
- The grant may not cover any structural expenses (institutional salaries, office rentals, etc.) nor the purchase of devices or equipment.
- Applicants must apply all recommended COVID-19 safety procedures for the safety of all artists and public involved in the project.
- Projects should take place in 2020.
In order to create an application, you must have a user account. You can use the same account to create and submit all your applications.
For more information, visit Pro Helvetia Cairo.