Hodder Fellowship at Princeton University 2020 for Artists and Writers (up to $84,000)
Deadline: September 15, 2020
Applications are invited for the Hodder Fellowship Program 2020. The Hodder Fellowship will be given to artists and writers of exceptional promise to pursue independent projects at Princeton University during the academic year.
Potential Hodder Fellows are composers, choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers or other kinds of artists or humanists who have “much more than ordinary intellectual and literary gifts”; they are selected more “for promise than for performance.” Given the strength of the applicant pool, most successful Fellows have published a first book or have similar achievements in their own fields; the Hodder is designed to provide Fellows with a year of “studious leisure” to undertake significant new work.
- $84,000 is awarded for one 10-month academic year.
- Open to composers, choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers or other kinds of artists or humanists.
- Advanced degrees preferred, although not required.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
- This fellowship cannot be used to fund work leading to a Ph.D. or any other advanced degree.
Application should include a:
- Completed electronic application
- Project proposal of 500 words