Apply to be a Speaker in International Youth Foundation (IYF)’s “Our Future, Our Voices,” Virtual Summit 2020
Deadline: August 9, 2020
Calling all young changemakers! Apply to Lead a Session in International Youth Foundation (IYF)’s “Our Future, Our Voices,” Virtual Summit 2020. In October 2020 IYF will host a virtual summit by, for, and with young people. Committed to creating an inclusive platform, they are issuing an open call for applications from young changemakers ages 10 to 35.
Speakers will lead conversations about how to build a more just, equitable, and sustainable future, engaging other young leaders, aspiring change makers, and allies from the corporate, government, funder, and nonprofit sectors.
Young people are leading the charge for change and creating a future for us all. IYF is committed to making Our Future, Our Voices an inclusive platform that amplifies diverse ideas and identities. That’s where you come in!
- Do you have a story of social change to tell?
- Can you share a model or strategy that has positive impact on a societal problem?
- Can you teach other change makers a must-have skill?
If you or someone you know is interested in leading a session as a storyteller, skill-builder, or strategist, apply now.
Our Future, Our Voices will convene along three thematic tracks that align with clusters of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Summit team will be in touch to share resource documents and, depending on the format of your session, will schedule coaching and/or training sessions to help you prepare your session. Storytellers and Strategists will be expected to prerecord their sessions no later than mid-September.
- Whether you’re working in your school, local community, city, country, or the world – impacting 5 people or 500,000 – if you’re a young person creating positive change and you’re excited to share your experience with others, they want you to apply!
- They are open to considering applications from people of all backgrounds and ages, but most selected speakers will be young people ages 10-35.
- Youth from marginalized or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Session Topic Requirements
- They want to hear from young people about how they are creating a more just, equitable, and sustainable future, so this can include a wide range of topics. If you want to see examples of possible session topics, please visit our event webpage. You could also look at the 17 SDGs for inspiration.
- The Our Future, Our Voices Youth Advisory Committee identified some key topics or themes they want to see discussed during the Summit, so they are definitely interested in session proposals that address age-based barriers, gender equity & intersectional feminism, mental health, racial justice, issues impacting indigenous communities, issues impacting people with disabilities, or issues impacting LGBTQ+ people. However, as long as your idea works with their Summit themes of People, Planet, or Prosperity, they’ll consider it!
Completed session proposal applications will be reviewed by members of the Our Future, Our Voices Youth Advisory Committee, as well as IYF staff.
They will begin contacting applicants about their session proposals on August 3, 2020, beginning with people who applied earliest.
The application for session proposals can be completed online.
For more information, visit IYF’s Virtual Summit.