D4Ag Capacity Development Training Program 2020 for AgriTech Startups
Deadline: July 26, 2020
Are you an AgTech Start-up looking into integrating your product or service onto a digital platform? Apply for the D4Ag Capacity Development Training Program 2020. The dedicated D4Ag training program will empower entrepreneurs with all the skills required to integrating their D4Ag solution with data and services from other providers via digital platforms.
The training will focus on three technical areas relevant for platform integration:
- Value Proposition & Business Modelling: This module will focus on creating a joint value proposition and a mutual beneficial business model resulting out of the integration of the individual D4Ag solution onto a digital platform. You will learn how to define the value proposition of both parties and how to adapt your business model within the platform setting.
- Technical Interoperability: This module will focus on the use and design of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) as key for interoperability between systems.The module will be taught in three consecutive levels: The basic class focuses on the fundamentals of APIs, in the intermediate class you will use some APIs firsthand and the masterclass will discuss how you can integrate APIs in your product and also provides you with an introduction into Graph QL and data streaming solutions.
- Data Analytics & Visualization: This module will introduce essential skills in data analytics and visualization. The module will also be taught in three consecutive levels: The basic class covers fundamental aspects of data structure and data storage, while in the intermediary class you will learn analytic skills and some of the most widely used statistical methods (e.g. correlations) as well as how to use data for predictions. The masterclass focuses on data visualization and how to build visual dashboards.
- Open to African start-up in the AgTech sector;
- Startups should have digital products or services relevant for the agricultural sector.
- They must be generating revenue.
- Impact on Smallholder Farmers: They aim to maximize impact on smallholder farmers through digital solutions. They look for digital products and services that increase productivity and income of smallholder farmers, improve resilience to climate change, expand financial inclusion or contribute to food security.
- Innovation of D4Ag solution: They aim to solve problems of smallholder farmers through diverse and innovative D4Ag solutions. They look for innovators that provide distinctive and innovative D4Ag solutions or deliver D4Ag solutions in a distinct, innovative way that sets them apart.
- Potential for data or service integration: They aim to create value to smallholder farmers through bundling products and services. They look for innovators with the highest potential or most specific use case of integration with data or services from other providers.
- Female Entrepreneurs: They strongly encourage female entrepreneurship. It will be considered an advantage, if your founding team includes one or more female entrepreneurs.
To apply fill out the application form here. You must submit your application before July 26, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the D4Ag training program or your application, contact the D4Ag team under: [email protected]
For more information, visit D4Ag Training Program.