Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2021 for Postgraduate Studies in Australia (up to $120,000)
Deadline: September 2, 2020
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2021 is open for applications. If you’re focused on finding innovative ways to create a better Australia with your post-graduate studies, this is your opportunity.
The scholarship supports individuals who are undertaking post-graduate study that will ultimately make a difference to Australia in one of three areas; technology and innovation, fostering Australian-Asian ties, and enabling positive social change. As well as your studies, the scholarship provides a nine-month Leadership Development Program which will build on your personal strengths and give you the insights, learning and inspiration you need to make your mark on the world.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are among the most powerful development scholarships in Australia. As well as investing up to $120,000 over 2-3 years into your postgraduate studies, the Scholarship will also shape your leadership skills far and above your expectations.
They’re offering 17 scholarships in 2020 to support your Masters or PhD studies, and are looking for switched-on, curious thinkers who have the inspiration, drive and ideas to change Australia – and potentially the world – for the better.
Scholarship recipients must undertake their postgraduate studies at one of the following eight universities, in a field of world-class standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Tasmania
- As a Westpac Future Leaders Scholar, you’ll become a part of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Lifelong membership to this network gives you access to one of Australia’s most diverse meetings of like-minds. Drawing on the Scholars’ strong sense of purpose and desire to collaborate, the network is designed to be inspiring, influential and a life-long learning experience.
Open to scholars who have:
- Who have demonstrated academic excellence and are eager to undertake a PhD or full time Masters at one of nine universities, in a field of well above world standard.
- Passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation or enabling positive social change.
- With a bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia who can articulate this vision and how postgraduate study will help make it real.
- Possessing a desire and potential to lead.
- Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines.
- Confident in taking on challenges.
- A desire to be part of and contribute to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible).
- You have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2015, OR will complete by 31 December 2020.
- You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM).
- You have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our nine participating universities.
- You have chosen a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants has an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” in the ERA 2018 exercise and for Masters by coursework applicants, must be in area of world-class standing.
- You must commence study in 2021 (Jan – Dec 2021), not before.
- Your proposed program of study:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Trust’s focus areas
- Include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- Funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered; MD, juris doctor programs or equivalent are also excluded.
- Masters by coursework programs must be completed within two years.
- You are able to supply two letters of reference – one academic reference and one personal reference.
- For PhD and Masters by Research applicants, you must also supply one letter of support from either your supervisor, dean of the faculty or head of school or equivalent.
They’re looking for Australia’s best and brightest Your ability matches your drive – giving you the potential to make a lasting difference to Australia’s future. They want to help you realise this potential.
Ready to play your role in shaping the future of Australia? Start here.
For more information, visit Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships.