LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme & Awards 2020/2021
Deadline: August 22, 2020
Applications are open for the LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme & Awards 2020/2021. LEAP Africa’s SIPA is a yearly immersive fellowship that empowers and equips young African changemakers with requisite skills and tools for building sustainable enterprises and scaling their innovations.
This is achieved through a series of training sessions – workshops, mentoring, seminars, and virtual learning (physical & online). During the course of the fellowship year, LEAP builds the capacity, connects, and showcases the initiatives of selected participants, providing them with local & international funding and partnership opportunities.
About the Programme
Over the past six (6) years, LEAP Africa has partnered with Union Bank Nigeria, other corporate sponsors and development champions, to enable these young change makers to transition their social change ideas into scalable social enterprises.
Through a careful selection process, 20 highly motivated and young Nigerian social innovators are chosen across a pool of applicants, to participate in activities outlined for the fellowship year. This year, the fellowship will open up to receive applications from English speaking West African countries.
Fellows are empowered through a series of training sessions (physical and online), mentorship, access to local & international funding and partnership opportunities, and importantly the opportunity to be a part of a global network of social change agents. These activities culminate into an award ceremony where outstanding Fellows are rewarded with seed grants and showcased. The initiatives of Fellows cover various aspects of the society, such as Agriculture, Youth Empowerment, Education, Science & Technology, Health, Law, Human Rights, among others.
- Applicants must show their level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Have experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building
- Willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures to sustain the innovation developed
All applicants must fill the application form and submit on or before 12pm on August 22, 2020.
For more information, visit LEAP Africa.