Call for Reviewers: Global Development Awards Competition 2020 (Paid)
Deadline: September 4, 2020
As part of the Global Development Awards 2020/Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD), GDN is recruiting reviewers to conduct the assessment of research proposals under the ORD category of the Global Development Awards Competition.
The review is scheduled to take place in two phases:
- Lot 1 – a first level review by early-career scholars (less than 10 years of experience)
- Lot 2 – a second level review of experienced researchers (above 10 years of experience)
Interested candidates can apply to one lot only, depending on their profiles.
Panel Organizer: Out of the Lot 2 reviewers, a Panel Organizer is selected based on her/his professional experience upon demonstrated availability for this additional task. This individual will have the additional task of approving the final ranking after taking into consideration all comments and (normalized) scores.
Lot 1: First level review: Reviewers will be selected to conduct a first assessment of proposals on the basis of the ORD selection criteria and shortlist the best proposals.
Lot 2: Expert level review: Experienced researchers to review the shortlisted proposals, and select the three finalists of the ORD category. The final decision will be validated by the Panel Organizer.
- Lot 1: Every proposal reviewed will be paid USD 40 to the reviewer.
- Lot 2: Every proposal reviewed will be paid USD 100 to the reviewer.
- GDN also pays USD 200 to the Panel Organizer as a management fee.**
- Lot 1: Be a researcher with 2-10 years of research experience, with a track record of work and publication in the award theme for the current edition
- Lot 2: Be a researcher with 10+ years of research experience, with a track record of work and publication in the award theme for the current edition
The criteria for the selection of Reviewers are as follows:
- Research Background on the theme of the call
- Policy background
- Leadership experience 4. Evaluation and Experience on Project implementation experience
- Go to GDN’s dedicated online submission platform using the following below
- Register or Log in into the platform to have access to your profile. You will receive an email confirming the successful registration of your profile and only after verifying your profile, will you be able to submit an application.
- On your profile page, you will have access to ‘My entries’ where you may either resume (selecting the entry you would like to continue from the list) or start entry. Select ‘Call for Reviewers’ under Category.
- In case you need to exit the application and complete it at a later time, click on Save + Close. You may return and complete your application on the online platform before the closing date (4 September 2020) but it will be considered as submitted only if you press Submit Entry.
- You will be asked to provide:
- Overview of how your expertise matches the theme and scope of the competition
- Full CV
- Indication to which Lot (1 or 2) you are applying
- Once you have completed your application, click on Submit Entry. You will receive an email notifying you on the successful submission of your application.
For more information, visit Global Development Awards.