FoodTech Accelerator Program for Startups 2020 (up to €1,000,000)
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Are you ready to supercharge food innovation? Apply for the FoodTech Accelerator Program for Startups 2020. The FoodTech Accelerator is a global accelerator that brings top Made in Italy corporates and best international innovators together to disrupt agrifood and retail sectors.
Every year, they select up to 10 of the best startups worldwide to boost food innovation. Together with their Corporate Partners and their business needs they build and accelerate concrete industrial pilot projects in a 15-week program.
How it Works
- Engage with FoodTech Accelerator network before starting the program
- International Roadshow: Sign up for FoodTech Accelerator’s digital events and virtual pitches, come and meet them during tech and innovation events, industry-leading conferences, or by direct referral from Deloitte’s network of investors, mentors, and partners. Follow the #FTARoadshow on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Live interviews: The shortlisted startups will meet with the selection committee in charge of selecting up to 10 of the best teams to access the program.
- An Intensive 15 Week Program
- A hands-on learning experience and out-of-the-building approach: Successfully transform ideas into innovative products. This program takes startups from Business Model Consolidation to Validation & Prototyping aiming at Fundraising & Go-to-Market success.
- Work directly with expert mentors: The selected startups will rapidly validate and scale their business as well as fast-track MVP and PoC testing.
- Accelerate Fast!
- Rock the stage at the DemoDay: Present to a vast array of food tech players including carefully selected investors and corporates keen to drive the selected startups to the next level.
- Boost network connections: Learn from cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams of corporate executives, experienced consultants, entrepreneurs, scientists, private investors and venture capitalists (VCs).
- Corporate Access: Speed up your go-to-market timeline thanks to our committed partners
- Investors Network: Gain access to up to €1Million in follow-on already committed investments
- Equity Free: There is no equity or need for payment to the program to participate. The corporate partners may want to invest and agree to the terms prior to the program.
- Global Ecosystem: Hop in a newly created, international, mentor-filled ecosystem on Food Innovation
- Deloitte Approach: Leverage on a globally recognized consulting approach and worldwide network
- Dedicated Hub: Open the doors of your office in Milan and test your products in our partners’ facilities
Open to startups focusing on:
- Groundbreaking midstream technologies: Blockchain & Traceability, Quality & Food Safety, Logistics & Connected Transportation, Industry 4.0, Robotics, Automation.
- Circular Economy: Upcycling, F&B Waste Reduction Systems, Sharing Economy.
- Disruptive food & alternative beverage: Plant Based Proteins, Cellular Agriculture, Superfood & Alternative Ingredients, Space F&B.
- Agtech & Sustainable Agriculture: Genomics & Biotech, Farm Management Systems & Sustainable Models, Farm Robotics, Mechanization & Precision Farming, Vertical & Indoor Agriculture.
- Food as Medicine: Superfood & functional Ingredients, Precision nutrition & nutrigenomics, Unhealthy substances /Meal replacements.
- A(automated) commerce: B2B Online Marketplaces & Cloud Services, D2C & Social Commerce Solutions, New Delivery Platforms & Technologies.
- Data driven insight: Big data analytics & AI, Crowd sourced insights, Taste sensing systems.
- Innovative packaging: Sustainable Packaging, Recycled Polymers & Edible Packaging, Smart & Connected Packaging, AR, Active Packaging.
- Do it yourself: learning & Sharing, Urban farming, Meal Kits & Ready to Eat.
- In-store & Restaurant Tech: 3D & 4D printed food, Cloud retailing & visual recognition, Customer engagement & order management tech, Smart appliances & robotics.
For more information, visit FoodTech Accelerator.