Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships 2021 for Australians to Study in Asia
Deadline: January 8, 2021
The Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships 2021 is open for applications. If you’re looking to forge new links between Australia and Asia, this one’s for you.
Are you curious about what Asia has to offer? Aside from its economic potential, it remains one of the most exciting regions in the world. The Asian Exchange Scholarships will immerse you in everything this region– ultimately forging long lasting and meaningful relationships between the next generation of young Australian and Asian leaders.
Up to two semesters in China, Japan or Singapore. One experience of a lifetime. That’s the promise of our Asian Exchange Scholarship. And unlike most scholarships, this one is designed to give you the leadership skills that can help shape your future. It’s a genuine cultural experience to open your mind, develop your thinking, and offer you networking opportunities with some of the best Australia-Asia thought leaders and support networks.
They’re offering up to 40 Scholarships in 2020, and are looking for full time undergraduates with a minimum credit average. If you’ve got inspiration, drive and ideas to bring to this scholarship, what are you waiting for?
- The Scholarship is valued at $12,000. This comprises $9,500 cash, and $2,500 for the Shanghai leadership residential.
- A two day Summit in Sydney in April (this is a compulsory part of the Scholarship program)
- A one-week leadership residential in Shanghai, including accommodation. You’ll need to cover your flights and visas using your scholarship funds. This is also a compulsory part of the Scholarship program.
- Lifetime membership to the W100 Alumni Network
- As a Westpac Asian Exchange Scholar, you’ll become part of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Lifelong membership to this network gives you access to one of Australia’s most diverse meetings of like-minds. Drawing on the Scholars’ strong sense of purpose and desire to collaborate, the network is designed to be inspiring, influential and a life-long learning experience.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full time at a participating Australian university (all fields of study are eligible)
- Enrolled in second year or beyond when commencing their exchange
- Holding a minimum of a credit average
- Intending to do a one or two semester exchange, commencing in Semester 2, 2020
Scholarships are open to students from all walks of life, who have the passion, ideas and drive to be an advocate for Australia’s relationship with Asia . Westpac Asian Exchange Scholars will demonstrate the following:
- A clear understanding of Asia’s role in Australia’s future prosperity.
- A desire to learn about a specific Asian culture, language, tradition or business through a combination of academic study and cultural immersion.
- The potential and ambition to contribute to strengthening Australia-Asia in their future endeavours.
- A genuine desire to be an active member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
Applications Close: 8 January 18:00 AEST.
For more information, visit Westpac Asian Exchange.