CGEED Digital Transformation Grant 2020 for Women-led Enterprises
Applications are open for the CGEED Digital Transformation Grant 2020 for Women-led Enterprises. This project aims at empowering women to use technology to access information sources, engage and improve their business processes, and achieve their socioeconomic opportunities. Advancing women’s digital connectivity will bring new business opportunities; enable them to have access to personal digital technology, which is essential in today’s digital economy.
The Problem: Bridging the Digital Divide Gap
In developing countries, women have less access to technology when compared to men, and women have less access to technology to help them run companies. Nearly 25 percent fewer women than men have access to the Internet.
The United Nations reports that 3.6 billion people are unconnected, digital exclusion is a huge barrier to social and economic development CGEED will provide digital literacy and skills, with access to technological tools, and resources that are essential to thrive in the increasingly digitized global economy.
This project is going to provide coaching and training, focused on giving women a chance to participate in the digital economy and bridge the digital divide by supporting them in utilizing digitally centered business models to connect to customers, which they could not reach.
Other challenges include but are not limited to digital marketing, resource accessibility, compliance, and healthy competitions to help women excel in their income-generating efforts and increase access to resources.
This is a resource grant that will train women in digital literacy to help them manage their businesses during and after the pandemic. This project will enable the economic potential of technology for SMEs by increasing their competitiveness by streamlining their business and administrative processes, facilitating their access to both capital and economic opportunities.
- To promote digital skills and entrepreneurship
- Business management and development skills
- Collaboration with other peers globally
- Access to information, communication, and technology (ICT) tools
- Consulting services
- Digital Transformation Training Grant (worth $ 4,000 in value): This grant will provide practical applications for digital transformation to boost your business productivity. This grant supports businesses, SMEs, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs with the skills and resources needed for the digital transformation of their businesses.
- Digital Integration Startup Training Grant (worth $ 3,000 in value): This grant is to support SMEs who have not started implementing digital solutions and tools to enable their business processes. This introduces tools, mentorship, and general support services.
Open women entrepreneurs, community members, school administrators, teachers, women and youth organizations, women startups companies, and other private and informal sectors leaders:
- Who are from West Africa, or members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- Are between 18 to 70 years of age
- Have access to a phone or computer and a knowledge of English.
- Have a business or plans to open one.
- Have a social media account on Facebook and WhatsApp.
For more information, visit CGEED.