Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program 2020 (up to $150,000)
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program 2020. Artists in Oregon and Washington will have the opportunity to share their creative visions in response to the Black Lives Matter movement with help from a new grant program established by Jordan Schnitzer.
The Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program will distribute $2,500 grants to 20 artists across the state of Oregon and 20 artists from across the state of Washington who will be asked to use their voices, experiences, and artistic expression to reflect on social justice efforts in response to systemic racism.
- Artists residing throughout the state of Oregon (excluding Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia, and Washington Counties) and the state of Washington are encouraged to submit proposals for new work or projects, or recently created work directly responding to:
- the current Black Lives Matter movement;
- marginalized communities;
- experiences with systemic racism and inequality;
- and artists whose work thematically connects to these experiences.
- Contemporary artists that work in the following mediums are encouraged to apply: Work that is primarily visual in nature, such as ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, and film making. These works may also incorporate aspects of performing arts, conceptual art, and textile arts and design.
Interested artists should submit their applications no later than September 30, 2020. Selected works will be exhibited online at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art in fall 2020 leading to a gallery exhibition in winter 2021.
- University of Oregon – Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program
- Washington State University – Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program
- Portland State University – Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program
For more information, visit Black Lives Matter Artist Grant.