Girl Rising/HP Storytelling Challenge 2020 ($500 USD prize)
Deadline: September 8, 2020
Applications are open for the Girl Rising Storytelling Challenge 2020. Girl Rising is looking for diverse stories of how individuals, groups and organizations are working to support racial justice, gender justice, access to education or simply helping their communities in this challenging time.
In the last few months, the COVID19 pandemic has revealed deep-seated racial, gender and economic inequities. The social impacts are being felt most deeply by people of color, women and girls who are already historically disadvantaged. At the same time, every day extraordinary people across the globe are courageously working towards equity, justice, and a better future.
Now is an important time to listen and learn from each other. They want to highlight the powerful work that you are doing to create a more just and equal world. Whether you are a teenager in Texas organizing dialogues between local police and students; a team of educators in Guatemala delivering learning materials to girls in rural areas; a group of young women in Nairobi distributing health and menstrual hygiene supplies; or an organization in Thailand teaching film-making to young people — they want to hear your stories and amplify your voice.
- All stories will be part of an online collection.
- 15 stories will receive a financial award of $500 USD & will be showcased at the Girl Rising International Day of the Girl celebration in October 2020.
- Select stories will be featured on Girl Rising’s Social Media channels.
- Open to participants with a valid email address who are 14 years and older. For those who are not at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, a parent or legal guardian must provide an electronic signature and electronic contact information on the submission form.
- Employees and affiliates of Girl Rising and HP, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and the immediate family, and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- This Challenge is not open to residents and/or citizens of Canada. This Contest is void where prohibited.
Once you’ve read the full challenge Terms and Conditions, there is a simple process to submit your story. If you are under 18, have your parent or legal guardian sign this consent form and send it to [email protected]
Tell the organisers one of the following:
- A story about yourself – Share a story that demonstrates what you have been doing to advance gender equity and/or racial justice, or to meet a need in your community.
- A story from your community – Share a story that demonstrates what a person/people have been doing to advance gender equity and/or racial justice, or to meet a need in the community.
- A story about a group or organization – Share a story about how a group or organization that you know is taking action to advance gender equity and/or racial justice or to meet a need in the community.
For more information, visit Girl Rising Storytelling Challenge.