CYHRDN is looking for Commonwealth youth to lead on human rights and democracy (Volunteer Executive Positions)
Deadline: September 5, 2020
Applications are open for young people to lead the charge in protecting and promoting human rights across the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network (CYHRDN) is seeking volunteers for its executive positions to serve from 2020 to 2022.
CYHRDN is one of 10 Commonwealth Youth Networks supported by the Secretariat. It was created with the objective of advancing and actively engaging young people in the fight for democracy and visible progress on human rights.
CYHRDN has announced eight high-profile, voluntary positions on its executive team for year 2020 – 2022. They are inviting applications from young and suitably qualified individuals who are passionate about promoting and protecting human rights and democratic principles across the Commonwealth.
The open positions are:
- Policy Research and Advocacy Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Education and Training Coordinator
- Partnership Engagement Coordinator
- Disability Rights Coordinator
- Rapporteur on Discrimination
- Rapporteur for Migrants and Refugees’ Rights
- Rapporteur for Gender-based violence
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have a strong commitment to promoting human rights and democracy;
- have experience of working with youth-led organisations or initiatives focused on human rights and democracy; and
- be available to commit 10-15 hours per week to the network’s activities.
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their experience to [email protected] by 5 September 2020. The email subject line should include the position you are applying for and your full name.
For more information, visit CYHRDN.