Deadline: October 2, 2020
Applications are open for the UBA National Essay Competition 2020 for High School Students in Nigeria. Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
This year, they invite students to submit essays on the topic: “Do you think that the lock down during the COVID-19 pandemic was an essential measure in spite of the hardship it brought economically? What would you have done differently and why?”
- The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N2.5 million educational grant,
- The second and third prizes are N2 million and N1.5 million in educational grants respectively.
- Applicant must be a Secondary School Student;
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words max);
- Must submit a passport photograph;
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport.
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessement.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition.
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Applications can be made by post, drop-off or submitted online:
UBA House (15th Floor)
or Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.
For more information, visit UBA Competition.