HITLAB Women’s Health Tech 2020 Fall Challenge for Innovators (up to $10,000)
Deadline: October 19, 2020
Applications are invited for the HITLAB Women’s Health Tech 2020 Fall Challenge. This event is a competition to identify emerging technologies that use innovative endeavors in digital healthcare technology to improve the state of women’s health on a global scale.
As healthcare technology continues to change the world, health companies are looking to opportunities created by these digital advances to create applications and systems to improve medical care and the provision of healthcare among women.
The Challenge is seeking innovators that use digital technology to improve these medical areas through innovation and digital solutions that impact women. The purpose of the challenge is to bolster innovation and identify high-potential new technologies in an emerging, and quickly growing, segment of the digital health market that provide opportunity to benefit women on a global scale.
- Grand Prize: $10,000 U.S. dollars from Goodwin.
- 2nd Place: Up to $20,000 U.S. dollars worth of in-kind legal services from Goodwin.
- 3rd Place: Health Innovation Alliance Award
- 1-year membership to Health Innovation Alliance.
- Up to $15,000 U.S. dollars of in-kind services including direct government affairs consulting and strategic counsel from Horizon Government Affairs.
- 4th Place: NIHUB Women’s Health Tech Innovation Award
- 1-year premium membership in Nursing Innovation Hub.
- Up to 10 hours of in-kind services of strategy, design, or consulting valued at $5,000 U.S. dollars.
- 5th Place: Women’s Health Tech Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award
- Media exposure package valued at a maximum value of $1,000.00 U.S. dollars provided by Women of Wearables.
Bonus Prizes and Opportunities
- Rhia Ventures Award: $5,000.00 from Rhia Ventures for a companies with innovations in maternal health care or contraception that are addressing the needs of underserved communities (women of color, Medicaid, low-income women).
- Digital Dx Ventures Award: $2,500.00 for Best Digital Health Diagnostic Innovation from Digital Dx Ventures
- Open only to individuals who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry, are legal residents of countries where such challenges are allowed by the laws of those countries (excluding the residents of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria).
- Teams of eligible individuals where in each team member meets the eligibility requirements for individual Contestants.
- Though contestants may be affiliated with larger organizations, for the Challenge, a team of eligible individuals may only have a maximum of three (3) individuals represent each team.
- Contestants must own or have access at their own expense to a computer, an internet connection, and any other electronic devices, documentation, software or other items a Contestant may deem necessary to create and enter their Submission
- Each team shall appoint one individual as the team captain to represent and act, including registering and entering a Submission, on behalf of said team. The Representative must be duly authorized to submit on behalf of the team.
All innovators must meet entry requirements in order to be considered. Review the Official Rules and eligibility requirements in their entirety here.
For more information, visit HITLAB.