Alliance Française de Nairobi Smartphone Film Competition 2020 (KShs 100,000 prize)
Deadline: September 27, 2020
Applications are open for the Alliance Française de Nairobi Smartphone Film Competition 2020. The theme for this edition of the competition is ‘World Mpya’ / ‘Un Nouveau Monde’.
The competition is open with the main objective of giving the Kenyan youth an opportunity to showcase their creativity and practice, especially the growing number of students of film, media and communication. The idea behind the competition is to push the boundaries of experimentation and imagination using minimal technical and financial input, and to recognize and award talented youth.
The winners will receive:
- 1st Prize: KShs 100,000/-
- 2nd Prize: KShs 50,000/-
- People’s Choice: 25,000/-
- The Smartphone Film Competition is open to all entrants 18yrs and above resident in Kenya.
- Competition participation is free of charge.
- Only one film per entrant will be accepted.
- All films must be shot using smartphones.
- Films cannot exceed 4 minutes including credits.
- All genres accepted.
- Entries must be based on theme ‘World Mpya’ / ‘Un Nouveau Monde’.
- It is permissible to use any software or apps for editing, post-production, or treatment of images.
- It is permissible to use external devices for audio recording.
- Films can be in English, French, Kiswahili or a mixture of these languages.
- Films can be in any one of the following video formats: MP4, AVI, WMV.
- Films must be entrant’s own original work and must not have been previously published or distributed in any form.
- The work must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals featured in the film and all individuals must have been made aware of entry to the competition.
Films can be submitted on USB drive or electronically by Wetransfer to [email protected]
For more information, visit Alliance Française de Nairobi.