Deadline: October 10, 2020
Applications are open for the IHE Delft PhD Fellowship 2020/2021 linked to the intelWATT H2020 project. IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is member of a consortium of 20 partners who was recently awarded a grant by the European Commission for the project Intelligent Water Treatment Technologies for water preservation combined with simultaneous energy production and material recovery in energy intensive industries (intelWATT).
This 3.5-year project (2020-2024) focuses on developing innovative, cost efficient, smart separation technologies applied in energy and water intensive industries. In this context Water Supply, Sanitation and Environmental Engineering (WSSEE) department of IHE Delft is recruiting a PhD fellow, who will graduate in co-operation with Delft University of Technology.
- They follow the allowance as stipulated by the Immigration Office IND of 1270.08 Euros/month (net). In addition insurance, residence permit and book allowance will be provided.
- The duration of the fellowship is four years. The position is based in Delft, The Netherlands.
- The PhD fellow must have an MSc degree in chemical engineering with a strong focus on desalination. (If candidates with this profile will not emerge, candidates with a background in, civil engineering, environmental engineering and environmental sciences will also be considered.)
- The PhD fellow must be familiar with working in the laboratory; previous experience on water quality analyses (both chemical and microbiological) and with operation of pilot plants is required.
- The PhD fellow must be proficient in oral and written English;
- The PhD fellow must be able to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network.
Applications must include curriculum vitae (with a passport photo), motivation letter, abstract of MSc thesis, a sample of scientific writing and the contact details of two referees (as one PDF file with your family name as the filename).
Applications in English must be sent to [email protected] by October 10, 2020.
For more information, visit IHE Delft.