Deadline: November 15, 2020
Applications are invited for the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Career Development Grants 2020/2021. The Career Development Grants provide funding to women who hold a bachelor’s degree and are preparing to advance or change careers or re-enter the workforce in education, health and medical sciences, or social sciences.
AAUW originally designed Career Development Grants in 1972 to offer “encouragement” funding to AAUW members seeking to renew or resume academic work for credit toward career or employment advancement.
Today, grants support course work beyond a bachelor’s degree, including a master’s degree, second bachelor’s degree, certification program or specialized training in technical or professional fields. Course work must be taken at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a technical school that is fully licensed or accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. Funds are not available for doctorate-level work.
- Grant amount is between $2,000–$12,000.
Career Development Grant funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the grant.
Open to individuals who identify as women and:
- are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- hold an earned (not honorary) bachelor’s degree.
- received their bachelor’s degree on or before June 30, 2013.
- do not hold an earned (not honorary) graduate or professional degree.
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in courses/activities that are required for professional employment or advancement, and
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following program types:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree program that is different from the field of study of the previously earned bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree program.
- Certification program.
- Technical school.
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following fields of study:
- Health and Medical Sciences.
- Social Sciences.
In your application, you must complete all required components in the following tabs:
- Eligibility: Applicants must pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Recommendation: Your recommendation must be submitted by a college counselor or adviser, an instructor or a work supervisor who knows you well. AAUW does not accept references from dossier services.
For more information, visit AAUW.