Stanford Center on Food Security and the Environment (FSE) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021 (Paid position)
Deadline: December 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Stanford Center on Food Security and the Environment (FSE) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021. The postdoctoral fellowship is awarded to promising young scholars with a demonstrated ability to do innovative and rigorous work related to global hunger, poverty alleviation, and environmental degradation.
Successful candidates are expected to lead projects of their own design, while also interacting with other faculty and students at FSE. They encourage candidates from both the social and natural sciences to apply. Successful applications will clearly identify how the proposed work relates to FSE priority areas. They particularly encourage applications from candidates working on the topics of water resources as it relates to agriculture and food security or machine learning applications in food security and development.
The FSE addresses critical global issues of hunger, poverty and environmental degradation by generating vital knowledge and policy-relevant solutions. An interdisciplinary team of scholars accomplishes this mission through a focused research portfolio in seven key areas:
- Data Science for Food Security
- Oceans and Food Security
- Tropical Oil Crops
- Climate Impacts and Adaptation
- Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Water Resources
- Crop and Livestock Systems
- The position is for one year, at a competitive annual salary and benefits package, with the possibility for an extension, at the discretion of FSE.
- Open to young scholars focused on research related to global hunger, poverty alleviation, and environmental degradation.
- They encourage candidates from both the social and natural sciences to apply
- International students are welcome to apply.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online application form
- One-page description of a proposed project
- Three references
For more information, visit FSE Postdoctoral Fellowship.