UN-Habitat Global Public Space Programme Call for Proposals (up to $80,000)
Deadline: November 2, 2020
UN-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme is launching a call for proposals (CFP) to seek partnership in the implementation of innovative public space projects in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria, Tanzania and Vietnam.
National and local authorities as well as non-profit organisations are invited to submit proposals which aim to achieve the following expected result:
- Influence cities to recognize the importance of localized city-wide public space network and policies and to maximize public space areas at a city level.
- Effective creation, protection, design, and management of public spaces, particularly in disadvantaged communities in rapidly urbanizing cities and towns, as critical preconditions for poverty reduction and the fulfilment of human rights in urban areas.
- Re-build confidence about being out in urban and public spaces following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grant of up to $80,000 is available.
- Open to National and local authorities as well as non-profit organisations.
- Project should be implemented in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria, Tanzania and Vietnam.
- Proposal language is English language. They also accept submissions in French and Spanish language.
- Proposal must demonstrate that they contribute to the following outcome:
- Improved local policies, plans and designs for safe, inclusive, and accessible public spaces for all which supports more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities and neighbourhoods in partner cities.
- All projects proposed must also show how children and youth or girls and women or older people or people with disabilities (or all) will be fully included in site selection, design, construction and management of the public space(s).
Applicant’s proposal and accompanying documents must clearly indicate the CFP reference: CFP/1-2020/PFES-GPSP.
The email must quote the call for proposal reference in email subject: CFP/1-2020/PFES-GPSP