Deadline: October 22, 2020
Applications for the ASEM DUO-Sweden Fellowship Programme 2020 are now open. The DUO-Sweden Fellowship Programme was established in 2010 with the aim of promoting exchanges of people between Sweden and 21 Asian countries on a balanced basis. In this respect, DUO-Sweden requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students be exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
The DUO-Sweden 2020/2021 is for exchange projects, which will start from December 2020 and end before January 1, 2022 to avoid duplication of implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Sweden in the ensuing years. Those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2022 (January-August 2022) shall apply for DUO-Sweden 2021/2022. The duration of fellowship is limited to one semester (or 4 months, whichever comes earlier).
The amount of the fellowship is standardized as follows:
- 3,500 Euros for Asian student and 3,500 Euros for Swedish students in a pair, in high income country.
- For Middle and Low income countries the Asian student get 4,000 Euros and the Swedish student get 3,000 Euros.
- The educational institution in Sweden applies on behalf of both institutions and people who are to participate in the exchange.
- Asian institutions in partnership with Sweden institutions shall cooperate fully with Swedish institutions in supplying precise information of Asian applicants.
- Individuals wishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices (e.g. International Relations Offices) of the educational institutions to file an application for this program.
Due to the unique nature of this program, in order to be eligible, the following are required.
Your exchange fulfills these three requirements:
- An educational institution in Sweden (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement; and
- The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution; and
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection had been accepted by the same Swedish home institution.
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
Application materials include:
- An application form.
- A Copy of cooperation agreement (or Memorandum Of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutions OR declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Swedish Higher Education Institution.
- A copy of passport of paired applicants.
- A copy of transcript of paired applicants (should include the grades until spring semester 2020).
For more information, visit ASEM DUO-Sweden Fellowship.