Deadline: November 2, 2020
Applications are open for the AWIEF eCommerce Capacity Development Program 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa. Funded by the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI), this program will enhance market access for women entrepreneurs through building knowledge, capacity, and skills in digital channels.
e-Commerce is one of the most dynamically growing business sectors in Africa. Retailing online has provided SMEs and the informal sector solutions to keep running and reaching customers during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns. A 2019 online retail study found that, in 2018, e-Commerce totaled more than R14 billion or 1.4% of total retail sales in South Africa.
40 South African women entrepreneurs will be provided with technical learning, training and mentoring support on how to start, grow and scale e-Commerce businesses. The programme duration is 3 months.
Participants will get
- A free entry to the eCommerce Capacity Development Program;
- Tools, information, and knowledge needed to run a business online in South Africa and internationally;
- Training and mentorship by eCommerce experts;
- A toolkit with templates and tips for running a business through eCommerce channels;
- Premium AWIEF Community membership for one year;
- Free delegate pass to AWIEF2020 Virtual Conference on December 2 and 3, 2020.
- Open to women aged 18 years or older.
- Must be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Need to enhance skills and/or knowledge to take your business online.
- Women with an existing online business or.
- Women with existing businesses that can be taken online or.
- Women who aspire to have an online retailing business.
- Ability to commit +5 hours weekly on this program.
- Computer literacy and access to a computer.
The deadline for application is Monday, 2nd November 2020, 23:59 CAT. For enquiries, contact [email protected].
For more information, visit AWIEF.