United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Youth Leaders Fellowship Programme 2020 for Ghanaians
Deadline: October 26, 2020
Do you have the drive to lead change, and want to develop your skillsets to do so? Do you want to advocate for the SRH rights of young people in Ghana? Apply now for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Youth Leaders Fellowship Programme 2020.
The YoLe Fellowship is a year-long programme designed to integrate young people into the UN system by empowering them in UNFPA’s areas of interest, while providing Fellows with opportunities for professional development and training in driving health-innovation.
Selected candidates will undertake over 230 hours of training on capacity and skill building; Professional and Career Development, Health Innovation, Coding (Web application/Web Design) and Entrepreneurship. Furthermore, selected candidates will be taken through professionally coordinated sessions covering areas such as Research, Reporting, Conferencing And Logistics Planning, Proposal and Concept Note Writing, Social Media and Networking, Business Model Canvas Development, Data Visualization and Presentation, Human-Centred Design and Tech Innovations in the COVID-19 era, Gender Equity in Innovation, as well as Data-Driven Decision Making.
- Applicant must demonstrate a passion to make a difference in their community; specifically, demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate.
- Must be aged between 18 – 26 years.
- Must be a graduate of a tertiary institution in Ghana.
- Must commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow.
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Selection will be based on demonstrated engagement or interest in the advancement of the rights of youth, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the Fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing human rights as defined by UNFPA’s mandate.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to applications.yole[email protected] no later than October 26, 2020. Use the subject line: Youth Leaders Fellowship Programme.
For more information, visit UNFPA.