Future Bora Challenge 2020 for Organizations in Kenya (Grant funding of KSH 40 million)
Deadline: December 15, 2020
Applications for the Future Bora Challenge 2020 are now open. The Future Bora aims to catalyze interventions that expand economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youths i.e. orphans, persons with disabilities, single mothers, youths affected by conflict, street youths, youths from vulnerable and marginalized communities, between the age of 18 and 29 years.
By supporting interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of the most vulnerable youth, the initiative aims to reduce the obstacles that these youth face while seeking employment and income generation opportunities.
Three organizations with the best interventions will be selected. Each winning organization will receive:
- Grant funding of KSH 40 million for each of the three winning organizations disbursed in tranches.
- Advisory and mentoring support for scale and growth.
- Opportunity to show your intervention and gain visibility.
- The organization must be registered in Kenya.
- The intervention/solution submitted by the organization must be unique and innovative in solving unemployment issues faced by the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth.
- All types of organizations (for-profit, not-for-profit), except state-owned enterprises and public institutions, are eligible to apply for the challenge.
- At least 80% of the beneficiaries of the proposed intervention should be between the age of 18 and 29 years.
- The organization should have been operational for at least three years as of 1st September 2020 (applicants will be required to submit audited financial statements for the last three years).
- Consortia are eligible to apply if the lead applicant fulfills all criteria and other partners fulfill at least 4 (out of 5) of the other criteria.
- The organization should be working with orphans, persons with disabilities, single mothers, youths affected by conflict, street youths, youths from vulnerable and marginalized communities.
Applicants can save their progress on the application form by clicking on the “Save” icon at the end and keeping a record of the generated link. Using this generated link, applicants can return to the in-progress application.
Note that the application must be submitted before the deadline. The deadline for submission is December 15, 2020 at 5:00 PM EAT.