American University in Cairo Fellowships for Refugees 2020/2021 (Funded)
Deadline: November 3, 2020
Applications are open for the American University in Cairo Fellowships for Refugees 2020/2021. The Fellowships for Refugees are competitive fellowship awards for bright, highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a master degree at the American University in Cairo (AUC).
Each year, fellowships are offered to a number of refugees for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC. The duration of the fellowship is two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester.
- Monthly stipend.
- Housing allowance or accommodation at the University residences based on need.
- Student services and activities fees.
- Medical service and health insurance fees.
- May cover remedial English courses and pre-requisite courses.
- Applicant should have Refugee status;
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies;
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements;
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 ;
- Financial need.
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
For more information, visit American University in Cairo.