Deadline: January 11, 2020
Applications are open for the African Graduate Fellowships 2020/2021. The African Graduate fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master degree at the the American University in Cairo (AUC).
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at the AUC. Two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- Students must maintain a full-time status.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester.
- Monthly stipend.
- Student services and activities fees.
- Medical service and health insurance fees.
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus.
- Open to Non-Egyptian African nationals;
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies;
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; full admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying AUC graduate full admissions requirements;
- Submit an international TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions;
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2;
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
For more information, visit African Graduate Fellowships.