Google Software Engineering Internship Program 2021 for PhD Students
Deadline: December 4, 2020
Applications are open for the Google Software Engineering Internship Program 2021. Google offers a range of internships across EMEA in either Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location.
- Software Engineering Intern: Google’s Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. They need their engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic in tackling new problems as they continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a versatile team, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Site Reliability Intern: As a Site Reliability Engineering Intern, you will work on software development projects to keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Google’s engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. They drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Have coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments, as well as APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English.
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
For more information, visit Google Internship.